WHAT TO SEE
Đakovo is located in the central and most beautiful part of Slavonia.
The best way to go sightseeing and experience Đakovo is on foot.
The town’s pride, the Cathedral’s towers which rise above the town like its guardians, are visible from far away.
Đakovo offers an abundance of historical, cultural and natural sites, which can be seen in a day, but to really experience them, one needs to stay longer. Numerous religious buildings and cultural-historic monuments are located in the historical centre of Đakovo, which make the town recognizable and unique.
The variety and broad range of events in Đakovo will inspire every visitor.
Everyone can find something to enjoy. If you like tradition and folklore, children events, gastronomic events, sports events, etc. visit Đakovo and choose from the variety of events you want to enjoy and participate in.
WHAT YOU CAN SEE
- Bishop’s Palace
- The Church of All Saints
- The Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus in Piškorevci
- 4 Late Baroque manor houses
- Art Noveau building of the Theological Seminary
- Town Administration building
- Monument to Ivo Lola Ribar
- St. Peter’s Cathedral and the organ in the Cathedral
- Strossmayer Park – a protected park architecture monument
- The State Stud Farm in Đakovo
- The Memorial Museum of Bishop Josip Juraj Strossmayer
- The Museum of Đakovština
- Đakovo Embroidery